Monday, August 10, 2009

Fruma Sarah! Fruma Sarah! Fruma Sarah!

Let me start by saying to the two of you reading that Fiddler was one of the best theater experiences of my life. My brother loved it, too, and he is now not only a fan of the musical but a huge fan of Chris' as well. ;) The music for me is now so much more exhilarating because I have a visual to go with the music. When I hear Tradition, I see you all in your neat lines across that stage. In Tevye's dream, I always get chills and goosebumps when I remember Gloria rising over the back of that bed (*coughcoughsputterhackcough*) and I always tear up when I picture Brian during the Chava Ballet Sequence. You guys all created something totally real and relatable. :) You should all be very proud of yourselves.

There's just something incredible about musicals that no matter what kind of person you are, it always leaves you wondering, "Hmm, if my life were a musical, what would it be like?" With the way I feel right now with this APUSH nonsense, I'm thinking dark comedy. Last night I had a dream that I was crucified by Mrs. Schoeff for using 11 point font on my Crucible essays. The only thing that would have been better is if she broke into song and dance, wearing a tophat and twirling a cane. For God's sake, I can already feel myself going in over my head with the AP crap. Not so much AP English of course, but APUSH has already stolen my soul. Other than all of that, I guess I'm kind of excited to be going back to school. :) Getting back into a regular schedule will at least keep me rooted, if not bored. I can already tell by the impending workload that I'm going to have to manage my time a little better. I hope I can calm down enough about it to enjoy next weekend. Two parties! IO's and my own. :) I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment