Monday, November 30, 2009

To sleep, perchance to dream...

My text to Alex upon returning home:

"How art thou, my most worthy suitor? I daresay your broken silence was long awaited by thou patient lady. I would away with you in froglic had I not been swept away by the silver-tongued Player Branagh!"

His response:
"Go-eth to hell-eth."

Ah I do annoy him so. Anyhow, today was beyond great. With the epic viewing of Hamlet in Ms. Jenkins' room after school today, I was in for a long haul, but I did not succomb to slumber as I originally thought I would. I stayed awake through the whole darn thing. It did help that I saw Hudson's face in everything Polonius said. And Robin Williams as a foppish generic gentleman was beyond amusing. You can almost see Ken behind the scenes going, "Okay, Robin, you gotta pull it back, this IS a tragedy..."

Afterwards, we got a tour of the new part of the buliding. It's so exciting to know that I'll be in some of those rooms next semester. I'll have APUSH, Spanish, and Psychology upstairs. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. It gets scary when *I* start seeing myself in Polonius. :) That was truly a great movie, although it was distracting to keep thinking, "Why is Gilderoy Lockhart in the middle of this movie?"

    I hate stairs....

    ReplyDelete