Monday, June 29, 2009

Whatever You Imagine...

One of my favorite parts of the Pagemaster is the part where they reach the fantasy section of the library and there are a whole bunch of fairies and mystical crap. Somewhat cynical as I am, it's hard for me to think that I actually enjoy the fairy scene. However, when I really think about it, a world of wonder for a person is their eyes being open to new and astounding things. When I went to New York for the first time, seeing tall skyscrapers adorned with flashing billboards and neon lighting was amazing, considering that's not exactly something you see in downtown Greenfield. It kind of makes me wonder what I would create if I could make up my own world. I dont' know if I would make myself the empress or whatever, but it would be nice to kind of get along with everybody, or everything, I guess. Talking trees and magical artifacts are somewhat cliche, to say the very least. I think my world would be more of a reality with a touch of fantasy. Like, human beings being able to fly and whatnot. Personally, I would give myself the ability to read minds. Terribly useful. Naturally, with any created universe, the creator (aka Me) would be able to do whatever they wanted. But I wouldn't make it quite so easy to override conflict. Half the real fun of reality is challenges. Screw dragons and giant eyes levitating over volcanoes, I'd fight the IRS.

So I ask again, if you could spend a day in a world of wonder, what wonders would you create?

No comments:

Post a Comment