Monday, July 20, 2009

Life Is Just POOF!

I know, I know, I know, I should sleep more, but my hours are all screwed up because I slept in until two today. Anyhoo, Harry Potter was very good. People were whining about it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite a few holes in the quality. All in all, i'd say it's been a very good day. My fabulous twelve hours of sleep put me in a fantastic mood. After I drove home, I completely took over the televison and set myself up for a vampire double feature. First on the playbill: Fright Night. While Chris Sarandon is one of my more annoying Hollywood pet peeves, I like him in this movie. Creepy vampire junk and all that. Plus, for a horror movie of it's time, it wasn't completely hokey or revolve completely around the stupid actions of teenagers, drinking and having sex, therefore condemning themselves to being cut up by a stranger in a hockey mask. Nope, this actually had PLOT! Special effects are excellent for it's time, too.

Then I watched Dracula with Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman. This was exactly like Bram Stoker's novel, which I'm now anxious to read. I'm not entirely sure what I thought of it, it was borderline disturbing, yet intriguing. And my constant devotion the classic stuff is a big mental SCREW YOU, STEPHANIE MEYER.

Mowed the lawn today, too and managed to knock another $20 dollars off my ticket that I'm paying back to my parents. The interesting part? Dad randomly offers to pay Michael and me $100 each to take care of the yard at the house in New Castle when Jacobs is done remodeling it, which shouldn't be too much longer. God, I can make a $100 last a year if I so choose. :) Think of all the prints I could have made. I'm so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment