Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Not Enough Green

Dad's back on the job rant again.

He wants to sell me the car so that it will be MY car. They don't want to be liable for it anymore. They want to sell the car to me, using their money so it can be transferred into my name. But I have to pay insurance, therefore Dad's back on the job. Where the hell am I supposed to work though? Somewhere I'll hate, that's what, because there's only one place I'd want to work, and it doesn't seem like that's going to happen anytime right quick. Niether of you find this very heart-wrenching, I know, because you've had jobs you've hated. Boo-hoo for me, whatever. Doesn't change the fact that it makes me mad.

My number one concern is having work take away from what makes me enjoy life in my teenager years: theater, my photography and my friends. I keep trying to stress that to Dad. But as always, he's got something backed up in the artillery for me.

"Michael's got TWO jobs, Carie. What makes you so different from him?"

Well, if you think he's so damned responsible and wonderful then ADOPT HIM for crying out loud, I don't care!

Not in a good place right now....not at all.

1 comment:

  1. I worked from 8th grade on, and I remember that I quit my job the summer before my senior year because I thought "I'd worked enough". My parents were livid.

    Let's work on this, Carie, because there ARE opportunities for freelance photography out there....that would allow you to set your own schedule and make some $$. I'm not sure you'd make enough $$ to buy the car, but...perhaps you could make them a counter offer...

    Come see me at the Gallery.

    ReplyDelete