Monday, July 13, 2009

Per Chris' Request...

I am getting my blogging done early tonight so that I may be well-rested in the morning. Thank God rehearsal is at 4 tomorrow, so I'll have more time to get things done.

Today's rehearsal was the biggest waste of my time by far. Only four days until show and we finally have a set. JEEZ. This is the most stressful show I've ever done, it's nerve-racking! All we did today was a line-blitz and IO got to play around with my makeup a little. THAT'S IT. Sheesh. The rest of the time, some people were trying to piece together the set. Gosh. I hope we get to rehearse with it one time all the way through before we have show. *coughcoughbeautyandthebeastcoughcough* My makeup is hideous. I repulse even myself when I look in the mirror. Blech.

After rehearsal, I went to the fair by Evan's request to "chaperon" him and this other clingy girl, who's name coincidentally happens to be Paytine ;), who's been flirting with him lately. Yeah, the whole best friend girl buffer thing where I am mostly there to make it NOT a date. That worked out fine for most of the time. However, while she rode rides with other boys, Evan and I hung around and people kept mistaking me for Evan's girlfriend! He got pulled in by one of the carnies who introduced himself as "Truth" because, "he'll never lie to ya." He asked with a head toss in my direction, "This your girlfriend?" And Evan replied, "No, she's my sister." But he won me this little stuffed red dog anyway, by throwing balls at paper plates. We named him Weasely, because of his red hair. :D

The gyro man was shocked when he heard that I have never had a gyro before. Evan got one for himself (I didn't have any real cash, and I certainly wouldn't have spent it on a GYRO), and as we're walking away, gyro man said, "Now, make sure you share with your girlfriend, there!"

Then, when Evan tried to buy a large soda for us to split, he asked me what I wanted, and I said Mtn Dew. With a wink, the lady pouring the drinks gave the soda back with TWO straws in it. XD I about died.

Crappy day, great/hilarious night. :) I'm calling it quits now so I can get a good night's sleep and go jean shopping in the morning with mummy's money. :D

2 comments:

  1. HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE GYROS!?!?!?!?!?!?! I am going to drag you to the next Orthodox Middle Eastern Festival in Indianapolis and make you try one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get this read until today, Carie. Sorry! I'm wondering if you're feeling any better about Bug Rehearsal two days later...

    ReplyDelete